Thursday, May 10, 2012

Remember Me

Remember me

How can I sympathize with the wasted effort
Of words that show weakness?
Unforgiving and ruthless
Is the cycle that permeates
Through desire and containment.
A love that wages war
With indifference and confusion;
I am unable to withstand the time apart.
Salient, elusive,
I will not suffer a mesmeric lullaby
From the damage in your heart.

Gallant your knight efforts indeed;
 I give countless reasons
To escape loves tyranny.
I find comfort in
The dysfunction of
Your tremulous course.
Life is not conducive
To crying fits on the floor
As I confer with loves finality.
Unsustainable, indecisive,
 I will not suffer your minds duality.

How can I celebrate sweet nostalgia
In the shadow of
Your past that haunts?
What song will you play
For me in the pretenses
Of her arrival?
How will you patent comfort
As I watch discreetly,
Though I might wash away your fear?
I watch with shameless guilt
In the dark as you dry away her tears.

Do you not remember me?
Have you no fault
As I depart in sorrow?
Never awakening
The exact truth of the moment,
Imagined and exemplified.
Love has no chance
Without conviction
As complacency destroys the self.
Unrelenting, ruinous behaviors
Yield to your disdain and discount.

~SAK~ copyright 2009
     ~Tommy Edwards Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment