Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Executioner


The Executioner

When in darkness I came to you
To find peace and comfort
In your arms of strength and stability
Mesmerized by the tranquility you offered

I dare say that I was resurrected
From the chains of control and contempt
Lying in your arms I was exempt
From the art of living

My prince has now become The Executioner
Valliant his apology seems so sincere
I can no longer revere his thoughts
Nor the disdain that occupies his eyes

Time betrays and renders no wisdom
Why suffering is more tangible than resurrection
A blind man’s regard for the games and imperfections
A conclave of good deeds that I divide among them

Strength does not wait for the day to surrender
Like the snows of last year that are gone forever
I reach for the alchemist’s froth to comfort my pain
And drink away the sweet that has now soured

The pattern of my heart beats without rhythm
Questioning the reason unequivocal in its misery
So bound to love’s chivalry
That sleeps now without the knowledge of my true heart


~Shelly Koyen~ 2012 Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment