Thursday, May 10, 2012

Winters Chill


Winters Chill

I know to fear and tread lightly
Like winters frost
Careful to step so as not to break the ice
The water so bitter cold beneath me
Numb never to awake or feel the same again
Until winters end

Your presence so warm and inviting
Like the suns sweet kiss
Radiant, luminous, blistering to the touch
I wait for you to draw me near
Stricken with fever it appears that I am insane
Until the leaves begin to change

Your passion, tumultuous in its wake
Like the winds that blow
You too and away from my heart
Shaking in its wrath I cry for you
Holding on to the trunks of memories
Until the rains come for me

I grow with every act of adversity
Like paper whites in spring
Who bloom despite the cruel conditions of winters chill
Radiant in the face of life’s duplicity
Until the seasons quiver in synchronicity


~SAK~ 2011 copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment