Thursday, May 10, 2012

Deeply


Deeply

A heavy heart that binds
Drawing me towards a spiritual death
As I pierce my body the blood washes over
Cleansing the filth that the darkness collects

Through the looking glass I gaze
No vital reflection ensues
Thoughts tainting the outward view
Of whom I am so deeply

Tortured I lie stricken
This pestilence a truss to my existence
My wisdom anesthetized with discontent
My soul departed and weakened

From the life I long to lead
Not insane just afflicted
There is no poetic song depicted here
Or identified, it’s cruel intent subjectified

My breath flows in and out so freely
Yet I am not alive, I am numb
 Burdened with the sense of a world so cold
A place where in life, death also resides

I exist without resolve
Without purpose, so deeply blind to it all
Chastising the limits of my own mind
All the while keeping death so near

~SAK~ copyright 2011
             ~Tommy Edwards Photography 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment